The operating room has unique medication and supply needs, which are often overlooked when hospitals implement automated dispensing systems. Yet manual processes for charge capture and inventory management in the OR can be inefficient and ineffective. Increasing pressure to secure medications presents another challenge.
Omnicell’s Anesthesia Workstation™ G4 and Anesthesia TT™ Tabletop™ G4 extend the benefits of automated medication dispensing systems and bar code scanning to the operating room. Anesthesia Workstation is an automated dispensing cabinet designed specifically for anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists.
Security and Convenience for Anesthesia Medications
- Keeps anesthesia supplies and medications securely stored, yet easy to access during surgery.
- High-capacity Anesthesia Workstation G4 can easily support a day’s worth of cases.
- Quick bar code scanning of each item used prevents medication errors, streamlines the restocking process, and ensures all charges are captured for each case.
- Provides medication security, limiting access to designated individuals.
- Improves workflow efficiency:
- Cuts down on trips and phone calls between the OR and pharmacy.
- May reduce turnaround time between surgical cases.
- Improves inventory management: simplifies restocks for pharmacy and
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements for securing and documenting
- ramatically improves charge capture.
“Since implementing Anesthesia Workstations, we’ve been able to bring charge
capture rates up to 90 percent or greater for OR medications and supplies.”
— Randy Gerwitz, Pharmacy Department. Erie County Medical Center.
- Choice of a mobile high capacity 13 drawer unit, or smaller three drawer desktop.
- Drawers offer varying degrees of security.
- Various accessories offer maximum convenience (e.g. external return bin,
fold-down shelf, waste bin, sharps container, on-board printer, IV pole etc).
- Flexible software that’s tailored to the needs of each operator.
Anesthesia Workstation G4 Model Features:
- Compact design with larger, high-resolution display
- Articulating arm that allows display to be easily moved for convenience
- Touch & Go™ G4 biometric ID system for quick yet secure access.
- Latest technology from Microsoft and Intel for superior performance.
- Reports support post case reconciliation (waste documentation for medications,
controlled substance transactions).
- List of all medications used during a Case can be easily generated.
- 2-D bar code scanning and the touch screen display provide double verification
that the intended item was removed.
- Allergy alerts and drug reference information help prevent medication errors.