Hospital supplies are often seen as a major source of inefficiency and excess cost, and materials managers are under growing pressure to address these issues. Yet time-consuming manual processes for hospital supply management create barriers to success.
When the bulk of staff time is spent checking par levels and tracking usage in various supply locations, significant focus is on executing manual tasks and managing disparate data. This excludes the filling of last-minute orders from nurses who have run out of an item.
As a leader in supply and medication dispensing automation, Omnicell offers hospital supply management systems that can dramatically streamline your inventory management tasks. With our systems, you not only improve staff efficiency and lower medical supply inventory costs but also increase revenue through improved charge capture and reimbursement.
Recently upgraded with the latest technology, the new G4 console has been designed based on extensive customer feedback to ensure it’s easy and intuitive to use.
Flexible, Modular Configurations
Based on a philosophy of “Choice and Flexibility”, there is an almost endless range of options which can be mixed-and-matched. This includes varying cabinet sizes, format and drawer options with different levels of security. Additional cabinets can be seamlessly integrated as your capacity needs increase.
Lowest Long-Term Cost of Ownership
Modular in their construction, only select parts of the system need to be updated through time. Rather than replacing entire cabinets, you can keep current with the latest technology by replacing only (say) the console. In addition, standard software upgrades are included as part of our industry-leading service program.
Automated Dispensing System Improves Inventory Control
- Inventory and supply usage are recorded, by patient, making charge capture consistent and accurate.
- With better control over inventory, you lower the risk of running out of essential items, and ensure supplies are there when and where your clinical staff needs them.
- Strong Inventory Management: Improved management through real-time, usage-based perpetual inventory management throughout the hospital
- Stock’s Available: Reduce stockouts and the associated time spent filling last-minute requests from nursing.
- Efficient: Lower overall costs by reducing inventory levels and increasing inventory turns.
- Stops Leakage: Easily and significantly increase charge capture, while eliminating inefficient charge stickers or “tick sheets.”
- Simplified: Streamlined inventory management in the operating room and special procedure areas such as Cath Lab, Endoscopy, Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
- Omnicell’s new Touch & Go™ G4 biometric ID system provides fast, secure access with the touch of a finger.
- Simple touch screen designed to guide user to the most critical information.
- Supplies and medications can be managed from the same cabinet.
- Multiple sizes and configurations offer maximum flexibility: choices include half-cell, one-cell, two-cell, or three-cell cabinet configurations.
- Omnicell pharmacy drawers can be integrated within a supply cabinet, giving nurses the convenience of a single point of access to both supplies and medications.
- Specialty modules support inventory management for the Cath Lab, Endoscopy, and Special Procedures areas.
- Ability to manage supplies located outside the cabinet via a wireless bar code scanner.
- Perpetual inventory management streamlines workflow and inventory management.
- Ensures supplies are available when and where they are needed.
Ease of Use
Flexible Cabinet Configurations
Improved Inventory Management
Omnicell® Catheter Hardware Module
Electronically track catheter usage. With this module integrated in the supply cabinet, you can control access to catheters, reduce on-hand inventory,
and eliminate stockouts.
Omnicell Suture Hardware Module
This module helps eliminate stockouts, streamlines restocking procedures,
and reduces inventories and costs.
Omnicell Implant Tracking Software Module
Allows you to record the lot and serial numbers at the Omnicell medical supply cabinet via bar code scan. This module creates a convenient way to comply with
the FDA requirement to track all surgical implants by lot and serial number in the event of a recall.
Omnicell Medication/Supply Drawer
The Omnicell Medication/Supply Drawer provides width-configurable open bins. Our unique guiding lights feature guides users to the preselected item within the
drawer, and each bin has an easy-to-use green reorder button.