Hospital supplies are often seen as a major source of inefficiency and excess cost, and materials managers are under growing pressure to address these issues. Yet time-consuming manual processes for hospital supply management create barriers to success.
When the bulk of staff time is spent checking par levels and tracking usage in various supply locations, significant focus is on executing manual tasks and managing disparate data. This excludes the filling of last-minute orders from nurses who have run out of an item.
As a leader in supply and medication dispensing automation, Omnicell offers hospital supply management systems that can dramatically streamline your inventory management tasks. With our systems, you not only improve staff efficiency and lower medical supply inventory costs but also increase revenue through improved charge capture and reimbursement.
Omnicell SupplyX brings together a range of Omnicell supply solutions to give you a live dashboard of your stock across all your sites. As items are issued the user, location, patient, item, and lot or serial number are all recorded. With Omnicell, ordering is fully automated and restocking and receipting is also tracked and managed by the system.
- Improved traceability and real-time data at your fingertips
- A web-based, real-time stock level information dashboard and reporting suite that links to your hospital reporting system to control and report on open and closed stores for both top-up and perpetual inventory management.
- Automates the inventory management process for hospital supplies.
- Eliminates unforeseen stock outs through re-orders based on current stock levels rather than weekly or monthly order cycles allowing you to use less and buy less.
- Improves traceability of every medical supply moving through multiple sites and provides you with real-time data at the touch of the button.
- Ensures stock is rotated to reduce out-of-date waste including expiry tracking and automated supplier expiry alerts.
- Designed to improve efficiency and ways of working across your Trust
- Enables you to track and cost everything at a patient, procedure and consultant level.
- Patient data capture from anaesthetics to surgery toward will help you to understand what’s spent so you can identify the most economic care pathway for your patients.
- On top of driving efficiencies, it improves patient safety in the event of a product recall thanks to individual batch tracking and frees up clinicians’ time. Time spent searching overburdened shelves for items can now be better spent on face to face patient care.
- Supports hub and spoke model of stocking to gain value in large volume ordering.
Interactive dashboard reports for real-time management information, giving you a live dashboard of your stock across all your sites.
Omnicell uses its own interface engine and has over 6000 working interfaces. Each of our systems simply needs a network connection (wired or wireless) and IP address in order to communicate with the Omnicell server.
- Top up: Order stock as you go – either as part of your routine or on the fly.
- Cycle count: Check your stock levels quickly and easily.
- Receipt: First line receipting and receipt stock as it comes in.
- Transfer: Move your stock between different locations in your hospital.
- Patient costing: Track stock usage and cost per patient from theatre to cath lab to ward.
- Case picking: Pick stock based on preference card or case by case basis.
- Restock: Restock storerooms and credit stock levels.
- Destock: Take stock out of your system with five simple steps.
- Lot and serial number: Full traceability of what has been used and what is on the shelf.